Tuesday, August 7

Introducing the Warhammer 40K Battleforce Challenge

In my last post, I talked about a lack of motivation for 6th edition and 40K in general. Since then I have been thinking about what I like the most about this hobby and what is making Flames of War look so interesting. It occurred to me that I really enjoy the army building and painting process more than I do the actual game. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy rolling dice and watching all those "ones" come up, but for me there is just something about putting together models and seeing what I can come up with. With that in mind, I have decided to revisit an idea I had back around the first of the year. I have long had the idea to make an army for every current race in 40K. Now with the new rules for allies, I think this idea finally has some merit to it. And that might be enough to pull me out of this funk.

I am calling this idea, the "Battleforce Challenge". The goal will be to make a 1000 pt army for each race. With the allies rules, I should be able to combine armies to make a variety of lists from 1500 to 2000 points. For Tyranids, I plan on still making two separate 1000 point armies. I figure between the two lists I should be able to easily make a 2000 point list.

To start this off I am going to go with Orks. I already have about 5000 points of Orks in various stages of completion that I can use. I came up with the list below based on the models from the battleforce and what models I like. I don't play competitively, so I don't try to build lists with that in mind. I'll need to get one of the new flyers, and I'll also need to finally get some Lootas. Up until now I have never even used Lootas! I already have two Trukks painted, but neither of them are in Bad Moonz colors. I am going to give myself 8 weeks, September 30th, to finish this army. Should be do able if I can get everything I currently have built completely finished by the end of August. Then that would give me September to build and paint everything new.

Orks Battleforce Challenge List

HQ: Warboss (1#, 105 pts)
. . Bad Moonz Warboss Yella Jaw, 105 pts ('Eavy Armour; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Big Choppa; TL Shoota)

Troops: Nob Bikers (3#, 220 pts)
. . Da' Goff Boyz Fastest, 220 pts (Count as Troop Troops; Cybork Body; Warbike)
. . . . Painboy (Cybork Body; Warbike; Grot Orderly)
. . . . Nobz (Warbike; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Big Choppa)
. . . . Nobz (Warbike; Cybork Body; Power Klaw)

Elite: Lootas (10#, 150 pts)
. . 10 of Da Mad Dok'z Bezt Shoota's, 150 pts

Troops: Boyz (13#, 172 pts)
. . 11 Evil Suns Shoota Boyz, 172 pts (Shootas; Rokkit Launcha x1)
. . . . Boyz Nob ('Eavy Armour; Bosspole; Power Klaw)
. . . . Trukk (Armour Plates)

Troops: Boyz (12#, 161 pts)
. . 10 Bad Moonz Shoota Boyz, 161 pts (Shootas; Big Shoota x1)
. . . . Boyz Nob ('Eavy Armour; Bosspole; Power Klaw)
. . . . Trukk (Armour Plates)

Fast Attack: Dakkajet (1#, 130 pts)
. . Da Blakk Gobbo, 130 pts (Fighta Ace; TL Supa Shoota)

Heavy Support: Looted Wagon (1#, 60 pts)
. . Looted Wagon, 60 pts (Skorcha; Armour Plates)

Total Roster Cost: 998

No comments:

Post a Comment